On Black Campaigns

Tomorrow, the 29th of March between 8 to 9 PM in your time zone, you will be in black as the Earth Hour will be observed as part of the non-negotiable anti-global warming campaign. I have experienced 2–month long dark nights two decades ago when the super typhoon Ruping toppled electrical posts in our area while whipping central Philippines. Having an hour without electricity is not much of a bother to me. What dulls me more is the reason behind the campaign, weather it really is for the decaying environment or simply to redirect the public mind from a political activity hostile to the supporting governments just like the first Earth Day set simultaneous with Lenin’s 100th Anniversary. It confuses me as much as I am already confused with the businessmen made-believe “rice shortage” to increase the pricing of this Philippine staple. But anyway if you believe that there is really no significant event to be blocked by this global black out, go participate. Here is the campaign:


8 comments:

  1. i did not know this. Very interesting! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to be taking part!

    Just thought you'd like to know, Google's homepage is Black today (Saturday 29th), to symbolise the Black Out.

    Great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How did you get the top commentors widget to work on your blog?

    ReplyDelete
  4. we joined this campaign last night. we turned off the lights and all the appliances for one hour. we went to our front lawn and just bathe under the rays of the moonlight.

    ReplyDelete
  5. nutjobs out there just falling for the global warming hoax..just hoping the U.N. imposes an international green tax! This is probably the most stupid thing I have ever heard!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting theme!

    Thank you for posting but, did you understand my blog? 'Cause it's in Spanish!! I speak English and French, but my blog is in Spanish... Well, I'm glad you liked it anyway ^___^

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW.. GANDA NA NG BHAY MO... GO SINOPORTAHAN KO ITO..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks... I'm so happy, because some people in another places or countries are reading my stories... ok I don't speak (and also write) english very weel, so see you soon, your blog is very interesting too... bye....

    ReplyDelete